The overall aims of the EuroGentest project are to:
- Establish a network of quality across Europe.
- Promote research, proper utilization, quality control and assurance and adequate management of genetic services.
- Harmonize the accreditation and certification of genetic testing laboratories and the EQA schemes for cytogenetics, biochemical and molecular genetics at a European, regional and national level throughout Europe.
- Improve the quality of genetic counselling services in connection with genetic testing in different European countries.
- Provide genetic healthcare workers, the end-users and healthcare authorities with a portfolio of quality-assured information sources and informatic tools that are subject to validation and quality procedures.
- Establish procedures and guidelines for the validation of methods and technologies.
- Identify present and future needs for Control Materials for genetic testing.
For more detailed information read the proposal abstract and objectives.